// What do you Plan to Build?

Discuss everything, as long as it concerns the game.
Sofa
Entrepreneur

Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Most of us are in for a bit of a wait, but we have a pretty good idea as to what's waiting for us when we get access to the game, regardless of what might change between now and then. So a lot of us have already started drawing up ideas of what we'll build in our heads.

Let's use this thread to release some of these ideas before they build up and give us migraines, maybe inadvertently planting even more ideas into each-others' heads. Sources of inspiration are a welcome addition.
"If you die at Waffle House, you die in real life" -Anonymous

Piston1937
Pioneer

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Well my big plans in tale building and automating a mining/trade network.

I will live on one of many asteroid mining ships and basically oversee my army of automated vessels.

This is if we can automate ships to that degree. If we can't then I will just live on a mostly automated asteroid mining ship and sell resources to the highest bidder and fight off pirates that try and steal from me.
Hey there I am Piston1937.

Centauri
Corporate Mogul

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:29 am

I'm planning on at first making a small shuttle and a mech to get used to the building mechanics in the game, then going for a drone/mech carrier that will carry ships/mechs similar to the flight units in Nier: Automata.
"When you're sitting on top of the largest hydrogen-oxygen fueled rocket in the world and they are about to light the bottom, and you're not a little nervous, you do not fully understand the situation."

http://solremembrance.net/

Nexusdog
Pioneer

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:47 am

As I have a terrible goldfish like mind, I'll probably have to settle for something like recreating the Millennium Falcon as one project; the dimensions & size are memorable enough for a fairly straightforward project.

I'm also a big fan of the 'ugly potato' style of ship, so that'll be another theme I would like to explore. I like workhorses, craft which do the unsung jobs, not a fan of those craft which er... overcompensate, as it were. Nor of the Generic Industrial/Military Phallus™. They're all incredibly dull & samey.
I will behave

Sofa
Entrepreneur

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:51 pm

I've already started putting a list together. As for whether or not I'll be able to realize it, that remains to be seen.

• Some compact, aggressively utilitarian industrial ships
• Retrofuturistic warship(s) inspired by Mike Doscher's Spacecraft of the First World War or Rocketship Empires
• Unit lineup for planetary assaults, including a carrier, armed orbit-to-surface transports, infantry hardsuit (maybe a high-altitude drop version to go with it), hover tank, air-droppable IFV, surface strike craft, air superiority fighter
"If you die at Waffle House, you die in real life" -Anonymous

Nexusdog
Pioneer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:45 pm

@Sofa

Pics yet or just lists?

Having checked out Doscher's work I'm not impressed tbh, but if it provides inspiration, it's all good.
I will behave

Piston1937
Pioneer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:06 pm

Well Thank you sofa for the many ideas.

I have now expanded my horizons to building a mega company and have sevral rent-a-army/Space fleet

List of things for this army.

Fighters

Carriers

Landing mechs, tanks, robot soldiers, shuttles.

Frigates

Cruiser

Battle ships

Mother ship which has repair drones and services for the fleet

100-1000 fighters

0-1000 landing units

(Fighter # /100) + (Landing unit # /100) = Carrier #

10-100 frigates

1-50 Cruisers

3 -10 Battle ships

1-2 mother ships

Nexusdog
Pioneer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:23 pm

Piston1937 wrote:

I have now expanded my horizons to building a mega company and have sevral rent-a-army/Space fleet

Fighters

Carriers

Frigates

Cruiser

Battle ships

100-1000 fighters

0-1000 landing units

10-100 frigates

1-50 Cruisers

3 -10 Battle ships

1-2 mother ships
Hope you keep your military shenangians off my lawn. And by lawn I mean Ringworld.

@Francois I wants a Discworld, complete with Elephants & a giant Turtle. You know it makes sense.
I will behave

Piston1937
Pioneer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Nexusdog wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:23 pm
Piston1937 wrote:

Fighters

Carriers

Frigates

Cruiser

Battle ships

100-1000 fighters

0-1000 landing units

10-100 frigates

1-50 Cruisers

3 -10 Battle ships

1-2 mother ships
Hope you keep your military shenangians off my lawn. And by lawn I mean Ringworld.

@Francois I wants a Discworld, complete with Elephants & a giant Turtle. You know it makes sense.
Well that depends. How much you going to pay? 8-)

Nexusdog
Pioneer

Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:06 pm

Well that depends. How much you going to pay? 8-)
Nothing, I don't negotiate with terrorists.

Besides, I have a VERY BIG LAWNMOWER
I will behave