// Forum technical informations

Keep track of what is being added and fixed in the game.
Le minaw
Website developer

Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:53 am

Hi everyone ;
Welcome to Skywanderers' new official forum !

Tsunamayo and I managed to make a "self-hosted" version of the forum.

At this time, the custom style isn't really finished : you will notice some ugly parts, I'm still working on it.
However, everything should be working. If not, please give feedback in this forum.

Unfortunately, our last hosting company does not provides us database-layer access. Thus, a migration of the old forum to the new is not possible.

As the old forum will keep running for a time, we recommend you manually copy/paste the threads you created to the new one.

Cheers !

Le minaw
Website developer

Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:14 pm

We just switched to reCaptcha in order to prevent spam.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Le minaw
Website developer

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:00 am

The new theme is now online !
It should fix almost all the problems we had with the older one.
As you can see, it's a custom design based on the Skywanderers color scheme.
There will likely be bugs, requests and problems. Please report anything related to the GitHub bug tracker.
For now, the theme is not compatible with a mobile phone use. This is WIP and buggy, and will come in the future.

The theme is open source, here's a link to the source code. Pull requests and contributions are welcome.

In the other hand, we now use a both client-side and server-side caching system. This will make the whole website really faster.

It was really a lot of work doing this. I hope you guys will appreciate this.

Le minaw
Website developer

Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:17 pm

New stuff for the forums:
- Some changes on the game section organisation : Dev asks, how-to and troubleshooting are now separated...
- ...and you should now be able to create polls! Just click on the "create polls" tab under the message box while posting a new topic.

tsunamayo
Game developer

Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:35 am

Le minaw wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:17 pm
New stuff for the forums:
- Some changes on the game section organisation : Dev asks, how-to and troubleshooting are now separated...
- ...and you should now be able to create polls! Just click on the "create polls" tab under the message box while posting a new topic.
Nice and merci ! Poll are gonna be quite handy for me!

Le minaw
Website developer

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:41 am

A few excellent posts (hi Pangolin! hi Talrey!) motivated me to finally add a reputation system to our forums.
It has two main goals:
  • More easily recognize contents or suggestions that are really interesting or stands out;
  • Thank people for their investment!
You can like or unlike a post by clicking on the "Thumbs up" button, in thr top right corner of any post.
The likes you get and you give are displayed on your post, below your avatar, and in your user profile.