// Custom text stickers and more

Help us improve the different gameplay of the game. Feel free to give your opinion on the new website too !
DocTyger
Pioneer

Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:49 pm

Englsih Version :
Hello, I was looking at images of science fiction cities, when I thought it would be nice to have:
- "Text Stickers" where you can enter a text of your choice and why not choose the size?
- "Freeform Stickers" (maybe already planned?) to be able to have larger stickers.
- Hazard Bricks" Like the block, but in smaller, to make the outline of a door for example....

French Version :
Bonjour, je contemplé des images de villes de sciences fictions, quand je me suis dit qu'il serait bien d'avoir :
- Des "Text Stickers" dons des stickers où on peut y entrer un texte de notre choix et pourquoi pas choisir la taille ?
- Des "Freeform Stickers" (peut être déjà prévue?) pour pouvoir avoir des stickers plus grands.
- Des "Hazard Bricks" Comme le bloc, mets en plus petit, pour faire le contour d'une porte par exemple...

Like this :

ZachZent
Corporate Mogul

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:57 am

To start, check out these gifs which was posted a week or so.

https://imgur.com/YCJn1QN

https://imgur.com/ELBjLZ8

Last but not least I have been working on the sticker (now called stencils) refactor, and it is very promising. It is one of the last major feature I need to ship before I can move to gameplay, the other one being the custom prefab.

They are way better compared to old solution: they act like true recoloring (you can still see the texture beneath), can be painted on wedges and bricks, wont stick out in the void, and can be stacked cleanly. I cant wait to give it to you! Painting is suck an important part of my vision and I feel without this the game would not be complete.

That is what Tsuna said with the update. It looks like some of what you want will be added. We don't know how many stencils will be added except for the three we see in the gifs. Personally I would like a tool with a whole bunch of different stencil styles and possible ones we could add ourselves. Text and what not as well. Or just some old-style freeform would work too. Especially since it is 2d making it easier for Tsuna to add/

As for hazard bricks, I wouldn't expect it. Tsuna has and is constantly condensing and refining the codex and not to have too many extra blocks. That being said, you can mix and match the triangle bricks to make it into a hazard-like pattern. The only other way to have that would be some sort of texture tool, but don't expect that.
Last edited by ZachZent on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZachZent
Corporate Mogul

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:24 am

Actually guess what, the hazard brick this will happen! Not a separate brick, but an actual paint "color." Happy birthday!

https://youtu.be/w7wLkJAbw-8

ehiwumie

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:46 pm