// Multiplayers controled ship

Help us improve the different gameplay of the game. Feel free to give your opinion on the new website too !
Lorwin

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:14 am

Hello everyone,

In the different other games of the same type, it's just a matter of time (and often a really short time) before players begin to build gigantic battleships. And it's nothing to be surprise because in theses games details are so bad, you need hundred or thousand of blocs to have a "beautiful" result.

I think Skywanderers succeed in this field because even small ships can have enought details to be good-looking. But at some point, players will begin to build really big ship and it is good to think about from the beginning.

Here come my idea (even if a lot of people already thought about that before me) I'd love to see big ships drove by multiple players, an all crew against another trying to take down theirs foes. But for that to happens we need to give an use to "secondary" pilots because everyone wants to be the hero, and no one want to be the one in the back setting the power of the light in the cockpit.

If done correctly (and system-friendly), i guess we can divide system in some part which can have an use of a pilot :
- movement (the one who tell where to go to the ship)
- thruster (the one who redirect the power of the thruster at the front, the back, to the rotation movement or even to charge the ftl-engine)
- shield (someone in charge of redirecting in real time power of the shield at the impact point to minimize damage)
- power (someone in charge to balance energy consumption to keep the ship in capacity to fight, cutting thruster or shield recharge during the charge of a big weapon, etc)
- primary weapon (ones in charge of using turret or canon of the ship, maybe to give an interest to this role it will be necessary to add advantage to players controled turret than AI ones, or even had disrupter on ship which decreased precision of radar and so precision of AI)

Theses idea aren't greatly original but never successfully integrated in game (or maybe in star citizen when some content will be available xD but it is prefab ship) so i think, systems may be develop with this in mind.

Keep your hard work ;)

Lorwin

RedVanGhoul

Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:49 am

The fact that you separated "steering" and "propulsion" greatly pleases me. Real world submarines have two separate people control the direction and speed, rather than one person controlling both.
Crichton: Aeryn, if Scorpius gets me...
Aeryn: I know, shoot you.
Crichton: No. No, no. Shoot him.
--Liars, Guns, and Money Part One

Lone_Puppy
Corporate Mogul

Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:41 pm

Yes please. Separation of functions by rank would be nice, but not necessary. I love cooperative play with friends, and this would be most awesome for coop play.