// What do you Plan to Build?

Discuss everything, as long as it concerns the game.
Arc22
Pioneer

Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:53 pm

I will build (from my point of view) the best carrier ships I can :D

On top of dedicated RP ships that fit my narrative.

I will post some of them when I am able :)

Deadlyapples
Pioneer

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:55 am

Halo Base - Base located on a Halo Ring thingy.

Satellite / Space Port above the base for large ship construction and processing of resources.

Asteroid Swallowing Spaceship (ASS) that consumes whole asteroids for resources.

Personal Transport vessels.

But each if these I want to integrate mechanisms like the following.

Retractable landing gear, retractable turrets, deployable mini satellites for communication and position tracking, docking platform that is retractable on a conveyor like system, emergency launch pods, defense satellites, self assembling base for new worlds.

Gadget
Explorer

Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:01 pm

I like big ships, and I cannot lie.

I started building a big hotel/carrier ship in Space Engineers, but never finished it, so maybe something like that.

However, right now, I'm doing some proof of concepts (for example, this 7-segment display). Am also experimenting with hangar doors; and I'm thinking about a small numerical dot-matrix display as a smaller alternative for the 7-segment one. However, given the number of logic gates involved, I may wait until after Tsuna makes progress with the link tool idea.

Piston1937
Pioneer

Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:59 am

Is someone going to make one giant mega server

I think that would be kinda cool but I can't make one/
Hey there I am Piston1937.

StarsintheSky
Explorer

Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:23 am

Deadlyapples wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:55 am
Halo Base - Base located on a Halo Ring thingy...Space Port above the base for large ship construction and processing of resources.
You've given me an image of a hub and spokes sort of arrangement that I like! Have a couple space elevators that go from the ground up to the center of the ring where you have a secondary ring that's just big enough for a large ship to fly through. Or maybe there are smaller docks around the secondary ring and in the center is your mass driver/relay that you use to throw ships into hyperspace!

I look forward to building space buoys and small stations for refueling. Maybe along a trade route?

Deadlyapples
Pioneer

Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:56 pm

What I am most looking forward to building is ANYTHING with OTHER PEOPLE :D <3 :mrgreen:

Harlekin
Pioneer

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:36 pm

As I am able to get all minor things working, some ships of the warhammer 40k universe... But i'm not sure wether a 5km warship will be doable in skywanderers...

I think it won't be doable, i tried to build just a 100x100x200 block and the game began lagging, perhaps on a later date, when it's more optimised.

FlyingDebris

Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:14 am

I've got plans for everything from what is effectively powered armor up through heavy capital ships. Lot of work to do.
Trinova Technologies: Building a Better Tomorrow, Today!

hadesthereaper

Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:16 pm

I plan on getting this game eventually but until then I will moniter this site and I will post now an idea I have been contemplating, a gateship. A ship that has only the purpose of transporting many small or few large ships over a great distance. If a portal like mechanic were implamented (not sure how to spell that) I would start work on this ship right away to configure it to what ever shape the portal must take. also I plan on making a REALLY big ship, shape undetermined but color scheme is green and black, oh maybe a demilich like ship, sorry I have been rambling. :)

TheDerpGamer

Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:22 pm

a giant 2d pixel art copy of shrek 2 on dvd